Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Welcome

In my many Twitter quick research reads I learned that in order to really emerge into the education technology world I would need to narrow my focus and dive deep. I figured this was not possible because my brain is just not wired for a narrow focus. After a bunch of research, playing, and planning I think I have a good starting point...

I will be mainly focusing on using technology to allow for differentiated instruction. My goal is to have the students working and learning non-stop as individual learners while allowing for small group or one-on-one instruction. The students will continue to use iPads in the classroom and weekly use of PCs in the Media Center. 

I will be blogging about setting up, classroom use, and ideas for improvement. One of my classes is co-taught with a special education teacher. I will compare and contrast the use of technology as a single taught and co-taught classroom. 

I have been using Google Classroom and I plan on continuing to use Google products (Docs, Sheets, Drive, Slides...) for ease of classroom structure.  I have also found PBS Learning Media. After winter break I will work with PBS LM to link historical facts to historical fiction. I will blog about the set up of My PBS Storyboard and Lessons with the Literary Reading Unit. 



Please join me on this journey! 


No comments:

Post a Comment